- Russian Disinformation and U.S. Public Diplomacy Nov 1, 2017
- Islamophobia & U.S. Public Diplomacy in the Trump Era Jun 30, 2017
- Public Diplomacy and Trust-Building in Iraq, Part II Oct 26, 2016
- Public Diplomacy and Trust-Building in Iraq, Part I Oct 17, 2016
- American Public Diplomacy in Poland: 25 Years after the Fall Nov 7, 2014
Mieczyslaw (Mietek) Boduszynski is assistant professor of politics and international relations at Pomona College. Prior to joining Pomona, he was a U.S. Foreign Service Officer specializing in public diplomacy, with postings in Albania, Kosovo, Japan, Egypt and Libya. In 2015-16 he took leave from Pomona to serve as political counselor at the U.S. Consulate General in Basrah, Iraq, during the height of the battle against the Islamic State.
Mietek is writing a book tentatively titled, "Full Circle: The International Context of the Arab Spring," which will describe and analyze how the outside world has responded to the momentous changes occurring in the Middle East and North Africa since 2011. Previously, he published a book on democratization in the Balkans.
Mietek is also a frequent op-ed contributor to such publications as the Los Angeles Times, and he is a member of the Pacific Council.
He is fluent in Arabic, Japanese, Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian, Albanian, French and Polish.
Mietek's 2016-18 CPD Research Fellowship project is titled, "U.S. Public Diplomacy in the Age of the Fortress Embassy: Balancing Mission and Security in the Post-Benghazi Era."