2018 CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy
Applications are now being accepted for CPD's annual training program, Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy, which is geared for the world's public diplomats. Dates for the program are from July 8–July 20, 2018.
2018 marks the Summer Institute's 13th year of providing public diplomacy training. A core curriculum that covers influence and advocacy, nation branding, and media framing, and is enhanced by special courses on cross-platform storytelling, information architecture, and analytics and evaluation.
Our signature training program is taught by some of the world’s most distinguished public diplomacy experts from around the world. Participants will develop a robust set of skills to address various forms of data to create measurable public diplomacy campaigns.
The two-week program for 2018 will highlight the fast-changing diplomacy landscape while providing a wide range of hands-on skills and analytical capabilities essential for high-impact public diplomacy practice.
This year's CPD Summer Institute curriculum includes:
- Deepen understanding of public diplomacy stakeholders by drawing on latest social science research;
- A curriculum that sheds light on the practitioners information journey in a digital and communication ecosystem;
- A robust set of practical skills in designing and implementing PD strategies;
- Forward looking courses to build a PD toolkit in storytelling, informational architecture, and research and evaluation;
- Professional network building among a global and experienced cohort who bring decades of PD experience.
For more information on the Summer Institute, please click here.
To find out more about previous Summer Institute faculty, you can read their bios here.