Bridging Cultures Through Art
This week's PD News roundup explores how art can connect cultures. The Penn Cultural Heritage Center is working to preserve cultural heritage and art around the world, while specialists in Italy are restoring two works of art that recently unearthed in Syria. Other headlines looked at an exhibit in Venice featuring Iraqi artists, an artist from Hong Kong who turned his Hawaiian mural festival into an international event, and a Chinese foundation seeking to promote traditional Chinese culture and recover cultural relics.
- The past, present, and future of cultural heritage - PennCurrent
- How a Kakaako mural festival took Hawaii’s art scene global - Civil Beat
- Ancient artifacts leave Iraq for the 57th Venice Biennale - The National
- Traditional Chinese culture gets a fresh plug - Straits Times
- Two cultural treasures rescued from ISIS have been restored in Italy - The Local