China's Public Diplomacy
This week's PD News roundup looked at China's use of public diplomacy strategies. Young leaders from China and Austria are working together to enhance mutual understanding, while a new blockbuster film featuring Matt Damon marks China's foray into the global film industry. Other headlines looked at the soft power of traditional Chinese medicine centers, the importance of exchange and dialogue for successful public diplomacy, and the death of the creator of America's favorite Chinese dish.
- The Great Wall: China takes on the world with new Matt Damon Film - BBC
- China, Austria spark "young energy" in mutual understanding - China.org
- U.S.- China relations: Public diplomacy and soft power - The Diplomat
- The Chinese creator of that most ubiquitous of American dishes, General Tso's Chicken, has died - Quartz
- Traditional Chinese medicine is China's latest 'soft power' weapon - South China Morning Post
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.