Connecting Communities through Digital Diplomacy
Headlines in this week's PD News roundup explored the power of digital and technological diplomacy for communities around the world. A class at Boston University developed an app to help refugees find aid services in their area, while a youth sports diplomacy event in Haiti will be live streamed to global audiences. Other headlines explored a new app for social dining, a grassroots social media initiative to assist refugees, and a new website in Serbia, launched by the Embassy of India, to promote India's brand.
- Refugees and tech: Scenes from a Greek tragedy - CNET
- Empower2Play uses live stream virtual reality to share its sports diplomacy event in Haiti - SportTechie
- Serbia promoting brand India - Bureaucracy Today
- Pardee class creates app to aid Syrian refugees - BU Today
- VizEat, a startup that lets you dine in local's own home, gobbles up 3.8M funding - TechCrunch
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Nicola | CC BY 2.0