Culture and Diplomacy: In Sync or in Conflict?
Can culture always be used as a tool for positive public diplomacy? Several op-eds this week argue against the use of culture for diplomatic means while on-the-ground cultural diplomacy efforts win big.
- Culture Should Refuse to Be Diplomatic - BBC News
- UN, EU Team Up to Restore Timbuktu's Cultural Heritage - eTurboNews
- Cultural Exchange: German Students Experience Life in Hudson - Hudson Star-Observer
- Celebration Marks Hoi An’s World Cultural Heritage Status - Vietnam News Agency
- So Much for Cultural Openness - The Financial Times
Want to receive PD News in your inbox? Subscribe to our daily or weekly digests here.