Empowering Women Through Diplomacy
This week's PD News headlines explored women's empowerment as it relates to public diplomacy initiatives. The Women's Situation Room, a peace-building project that seeks to reduce violence during elections, has just been established in Ghana, while a partnership between Lutheran World Relief and USAID, "Gender in Agriculture from Policy to Practice," has empowered Honduran women to build agricultural enterprises. Other headlines looked at the use of sports diplomacy by the U.S. Women's National Team to empower girls in Liberia, the importance of gender equality in combating climate change, and the potential impact Trump's administration could have on women's health organizations in the U.S. and abroad.
- Why gender matters to the global effort to tackle climate change - DipNote
- Ghana gets women's situation room - Ghana Business News
- Lutheran World Relief and USAID partner in innovative effort to promote Honduran women farmers - PR Newswire
- U.S. Women National Team coach to visit MFA - Daily Observer
- U.S. aid for women's sexual health worldwide under threat - The Guardian
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Global Justice Now | CC by 2.0
Stay in the Know
Public Diplomacy is a dynamic field, and CPD is committed to keeping you connected and informed about the critical developments that are shaping PD around the world.