Foreign Aid to the Rescue?
Many of this week's PD News headlines focused on the role foreign aid can play in helping those in the direst of conditions and as a public diplomacy tool that is currently under threat in certain places. President Trump orders an expansion of the ban that prevents aid to international NGOs that provide or support abortion, while the EU pushes for unrestricted humanitarian access to northwest Myanmar in support of displaced Rohingya Muslims, and a two-year European partnership to bring safe drinking water to Nairobi’s poorest citizens reaches completion.
- Trump Drastically Expands Order Defunding International Planned Parenthood – Lifesite News
- EU Pushes Myanmar for Aid Access in Northern Rakhine – Yahoo News
- Partnership Provides Access to Affordable Drinking Water to 50,000 People in Kenya – Relief Web
- Foreign Aid Saves Lives; Cutting It Would Be Disastrous – Clarion Ledger
- Sri Lanka to Improve its Higher Education with World Bank Support – Military Technologies
- Overseas Requests Soar for UK Aid on Cyber Crime – Financial Times
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Stay in the Know
Public Diplomacy is a dynamic field, and CPD is committed to keeping you connected and informed about the critical developments that are shaping PD around the world.