International Advocacy in Public Diplomacy
This week's PD News roundup focuses on international advocacy in public diplomacy. Human Rights Watch is asking member countries of the International Criminal Court to support the court and its fight for justice, while the Sultan of Perak urges diplomats to engage with civil society organizations and NGOs to further foreign policy. Other headlines explored the Republic of Kiribati encouraging its citizens to "migrate with dignity" as a result of climate change, Canada's focus on social cohesion in Lebanon to fight Daesh, and a 14-year-old filmmaker honored by UNESCO for her work in encouraging education for girls.
- ICC: Boost Support for Justice on 19th Anniversary - Human Rights Watch
- Work With NGOs, Sultan Nazrin Urges Diplomats - The Star
- Kiribati Confronts Climate Upheaval by Preparing for ‘Migration with Dignity’ - Mongabay
- How Canada is Fighting Daesh With Friendship - The Star
- 14-Year-Old Nigerian Filmmaker, Zuriel Oduwole, Honoured by UNESCO - TNS