January Blog Roundup: The Top 5
Welcome to the CPD January blog roundup! Below, a selection of some of our most-read and most thought-provoking entries of the month:
5. Incarceration and the Right to Childhood: What the U.S. Can Learn From South Africa by Lauren Lee White. South Africa's landmark legal decision to consider the rights of children when sentencing a primary caregiver offers a blueprint for the U.S.
4. Sony, States, and Cyberwar: Obama’s Misstep in Responding to the Sony Hack by Alexander Lee White. How Obama should have responded to fallout from the Sony hack.
3. Danish Reality Show Makes Great Public Diplomacy by Mads Hvas Jensen. On the savvy PD of Ambassador Rufus Gifford's Danish reality TV show.
2. How "Smart" is Saudi Arabia's Power? by Najah Al-Osaimi. A look at the kingdom's smart power strategy.
1. Framing, Tweeting, and Branding: A Study in the Practice of Digital Diplomacy by Ilan Manor and Elad Segev. This blog describes Manor and Segev's study on self-framing by Russia, Iran, and the U.S. in Social Networking Sites.