October Blog Roundup: The Top 5
CPD blogs covered a huge range of public diplomacy issues this month, spanning a number of issues and regions. Here are our picks of the month:
5. Making Relations Central in the Immigration Debate by Ricardo Valencia and R.S. Zaharna. When it comes to understanding unaccompanied child immigrants, the U.S. is missing the mark.
4. Lessons From the Past: U.S.-Iran Public Diplomacy by Sohaela Amiri. A review of the two nations' troubled history and some hope for the future.
3. Ebola Outbreak, International Broadcasting, and Social Media by Joseph Bruns. The former VOA Deputy Director on how international broadcasters can stem the tide of Ebola.
2. Public Diplomacy in India: Engaging the Domestic Audience by Sanjay Srivastava and Sonali Singh. India deploys its ambassadors to speak to domestic audiences about hot-button issues.
1. Malala Wins Nobel; Pakistan Still Pretty Much Doomed by Rob Asghar. Malala fills the whole world with hope...except in Pakistan.