PD Happenings: April 14 - April 20
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- 55 Batangueño Farmers Leave for Agri-Training in South Korea - Manila Bulletin
- More Cultural Exchanges Between China, Scotland - Xinhua News Agency
- In Omaha, Second Lady Karen Pence Says Importance of Sister Cities ‘Cannot Be Overstated’ - Omaha World-News
- Russian Students Get a Taste of the Southwest - The Daily Wildcat
- Australia’s Impact Entrepreneur Investor Ygap Opens Office in Kenya - Nairobi News
- Water From the Sun: Solar-Powered Water Pumps Offer African Farmers a Way Out of Poverty - Greentech Media
- Tech Firms Sign ‘Digital Geneva Accord’ Not to Aid Governments in Cyberwar - The New York Times
- Emmanuel Macron is Making France Great Again - The Spectator
- PD and the Decline of Liberal Democracy: The Case of Hungary - CPD Blog
- First Lady Diplomacy - CPD Blog
- Civil Society Fundraising in Belarus: Time To Go Local and Crowdfund? - Belarus Digest
- USAID, State, and DOD To Release First-Ever Stabilization Assistance Review - Devex
- As HMI Expands, Sights Set on Drawing Indian Visitors- The Japan Times
- Branding the Land of Ice and Fire - CPD Blog
- India Eyes Soybean Diplomacy With Beijing Amid China-US Trade War - NDTV
- The IMF and World Bank Must Evolve or Lose Their Place in the New World Order - City A.M.
- The Increased Importance of Cultural Diplomacy - Arab News
- Two Penn Professors Start Program for Philadelphia Students to Simulate Diplomacy in Latin America - The Daily Pennsylvanian
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Smartline (Exchange Diplomacy), Freepik (Corporate Diplomacy, Foreign Aid, Soft Power, Cultural Diplomacy, Youth Diplomacy), Eucalyp (Nation Branding) and Becris (Economic Diplomacy).