Pop Culture and PD in 2016
The intersections of popular culture and public diplomacy were particularly compelling in 2016. A look back at some highlights:
- History is Happening: Hamilton and American Rebranding by Yesenia Vargas. On the soft power potential of Lin-Manuel Miranda's musical Hamilton.
- Meet the Author: Eric Bennett. An interview with the author of Workshops of Empire: Stegner, Engle, and American Creative Writing during the Cold War.
- Q&A with Martin Roth. CPD asked the outgoing director of London's V&A Museum about the future of cultural diplomacy.
- Spotify: Music for Awareness. The PD Digital team on using playlists as a tool for awareness and advocacy.
- Finding Common Ground from Pakistan to New Orleans by Shearon Roberts. On radio's power to connect publics around the world.
Image by Mud Mile Communications, via Vimeo
Stay in the Know
Public Diplomacy is a dynamic field, and CPD is committed to keeping you connected and informed about the critical developments that are shaping PD around the world.