President Obama in Indonesia
This past month has offered up a plethora of PD stories from around the world for our amusement and analysis. The focus of the below articles is President Obama‘s recent visit to Indonesia. CPD Director Philip Seib assesses the public diplomacy impact of this trip using a wide angle lens. How did Obama‘s November 10 speech to the Indonesian people fit into his administration‘s approach toward the Muslim world, and to what extent was he catering to his domestic audience? APDS President Melanie Ciolek (MPD ‘11) - and winner of the CPD Prize for Best Student Paper in Public Diplomacy on the topic of the U.S. Embassy‘s use of Facebook in Jakarta – offers a balanced view of how Obama‘s visit was received by Indonesians.
- The Public Diplomacy of Obama’s Indonesia Visit
- Obama in Indonesia: An Abbreviated but Potent Homecoming
- In response to: Cinematic Diplomacy, Back to the Future, again…
- In response to: No More Fun & Games in Delhi
- Barack Obama’s India Trip: The View Through a Soft Power Lens
Photo by U.S. Embassy, Jakarta | CC by 2.0