Refugees, Immigration & Diplomacy
This week's PD News headlines focused on the refugee crisis and responses to the Trump administration's immigration strategy. Artists from around the world responded to the refugee ban with hand-drawn messages of support posted on Twitter, while Starbucks announced a plan to hire 10,000 refugees in the next five years. Other stories looked at the Berlin Film Festival’s cultural activities and exchanges for refugees, female judges and activists in politics who are speaking out against Trump’s words and actions, and what will come of U.S. international exchanges as new immigration policies take form.
- Artists around the world are responding to Trump's refugee ban - Bored Panda
- Berlin Film Festival extends refugee support with movie-related activities - Deadline
- Trump's immigration ban: Will it undercut American soft power? - The Conversation
- Starbucks says it will hire 10,000 refugees worldwide in next five years - NPR
- Women are leading the resistance against Trump - The Huffington Post
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Stay in the Know
Public Diplomacy is a dynamic field, and CPD is committed to keeping you connected and informed about the critical developments that are shaping PD around the world.