Using Digital Diplomacy for Good
This week's PD News headlines highlight the role of digital diplomacy in cross-cultural communication. The third World Internet Conference discussed the role of technology in cultural exchange, while the BBC launched a new radio and digital program focused on addressing global problems. Other headlines looked at how the International Rescue Committee is using innovative digital solutions to aid refugees, while Facebook added new tools regarding fundraising and community safety during a crisis.
- Cultural exchange becomes spotlight on 3rd WIC - EIN
- How the BBC's looking for solutions to the world's big issues - Poynter
- Facebook now lets you fundraise using Facebook Live, offer aid during crises - Digital Trends
- Inside the IRC: How a visionary aid organization is using technology to help refugees - Fast Company
- Digital Rights: A New Diplomatic Agenda - CPD Blog
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Stay in the Know
Public Diplomacy is a dynamic field, and CPD is committed to keeping you connected and informed about the critical developments that are shaping PD around the world.