Stanislav Budnitsky is a doctoral student of Communication at Ottawa’s Carleton University. He holds a BA in Business and Political Journalism (2009) and MA in Media Management (2011) from the Higher School of Economics (Moscow, Russia), as well as an MA in Nationalism Studies (2012) from the Central European University (Budapest, Hungary).
Stanislav spent several years as a freelance journalist and producer, interning and working for the likes of Reuters, The Los Angeles Times, BBC radio and television, CNN International, Showtime, and others. Stanislav is a 2005-2006 fellow of the Dept. of State Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD) and a 2013-2014 fellow of Stanford U.S.-Russia Forum.
Stanislav’s research interests include nation branding, nationalism, public diplomacy and soft power, and contemporary Russian politics and media.
- Stanford U.S.—Russia Forum: Model Exchange Diplomacy? | CPD Blog | Jun 2, 2014
- Putin’s Public Diplomacy Over Syria in the NYT | CPD Blog | Sep 13, 2013
- “Anti-Russian Propaganda in the UK”: The PR Wars | CPD Blog | Jul 23, 2013
- Kontinental Hockey League: Soft Power of the Tough Game | CPD Blog | Feb 14, 2013
- Russia to Embrace Soft Power | CPD Blog | Jan 23, 2013