Multi-Platform Content Strategy for Public Diplomacy
This workshop explores content creation strategies and tactics to drive greater public diplomacy impact. Participants will develop skillsets in producing content for a variety of formats and channels.
The workshop comprises four modules:
- Content Strategy for Multi-platform Public Diplomacy Campaigns
- Digital Storytelling for Public Diplomacy
- Virtual Reality and Immersive Storytelling for Public Diplomacy
- Harnessing Social Media for Strategic Public Diplomacy
Content Strategy for Multi-platform Public Diplomacy Campaigns
This module covers content development across platforms in the context of public diplomacy. Participants will create a content plan for a multi-platform campaign based on organizational goals.
Digital Storytelling for Public Diplomacy
How to create and share digital content in innovative and engaging ways. From mobile to desktop, participants will learn new tools and practices for digital storytelling.
Virtual Reality and Immersive Storytelling for Public Diplomacy
The transformative experience of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) has arrived for public diplomacy applications, such as sharing global experiences with foreign audiences. Participants will become familiar with the basics of immersive storytelling through examples and will learn how to use low-cost tools and techniques to create VR/AR stories for sharing.
Harnessing Social Media for Strategic Public Diplomacy
Discover best practices in social media posting and what not to do, with an emphasis on crafting compelling posts that tell your organization’s stories through examples and illustrations.
The workshop takes place over two weeks, including live sessions of 8 online hours, group work between sessions, and assigned self-directed learning. All scheduled meeting times will be in Pacific Time (time zone converter here).
- Monday, June 7, 2021, 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 5:00pm to 7:30pm
- Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Thursday, June 10, 2021, 5:00pm to 6:30pm
- Single participant: $850 USD
- Multiple participants: (3+ from the same organization: $750 USD)
Click here to access the online application. You will be notified after your application has been received.