PD Happenings: May 26 - June 1
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- A Vision to Bring Glasses to the Developing World - The Telegraph
- Denmark Provides Loan for 100-MW Wind Farm in Ethiopia - Renewables Now
- France to Reopen Embassy in the Gambia, Pledges $58 Million Development Financing - Africanews
- China Says Its Space Station Belongs ‘To The World,’ Welcomes Cooperation - International Business Times
- New British Council Colombo Library to Open on June 2nd - ColomboPage
- Tanzanian Dancers Mesmerize - The Tribune
- Exhibition at FIT’s New Exhibition Space This Fall - WWD (Women's Wear Daily)
- Morocco in African Digital Development's Top Ten - Morocco World News
- Social Media Shaping Norms of Expression in the Arab World - Arab Weekly
- Place Branding Estonia - Transform Magazine
- There Is Growing Momentum to Adopt China’s Yuan as a Reserve Currency in Africa - Quartz
- Red Velvet's Bubblegum Pop Fine-tunes South Korean Diplomacy - Asia Times
- How Britain Can Remain a Soft Power Superpower After Brexit - The Conversation
- Foreign Aid Subject to Major Reforms - News in English
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Global Development, Art Diplomacy, Soft Power, Sports Diplomacy, Foreign Aid) and Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy).