The CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy is a rigorous, multi-disciplinary two-week training program designed to enhance the practice of public diplomacy. Since 2006, the CPD Summer Institute has provided participants with a critical understanding of the role of public diplomacy in the global community, and with tools for improving the impact and image of their country or organization abroad.
Through an array of classes both theoretical (the core courses) and practical (the toolbox courses), as well as group projects, participants will:
- Pinpoint the challenges facing contemporary public diplomacy and the range of strategies available to address them;
- Strategically analyze the impact of public diplomacy initiatives;
- Increase familiarity with new communication technologies, real-time analytics and digital storytelling in public diplomacy;
- Utilize cutting-edge social science research in real-time public diplomacy practice.
Who Should Apply
The CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy is geared toward mid-career professionals posted in ministries, including foreign affairs, defense and homeland security; trade and economics agencies; non-governmental organizations; international organizations;communication consultancies; private-sector companies; and others whose work would benefit from learning more about this vital field. In addition to innovative instruction, the program provides a setting for mid-career professionals to exercise their evaluation and decision-making skills in a group of their peers and to contribute their own ideas and perspectives.
Tuition for 2016 Program
- Single participant: $6,250 (USD; as of 2016 program)
- Two or more participants from a single organization/country: $4,650 (USD; as of 2016 program)
Prices do not include travel, lodging or meals during the two-week program.
To read more about the CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy and the work of its alums, please click here.