Ali Fisher specializes in delivering insight into complex information ecosystems through innovative approaches, network analysis, and big data. In the past year Ali has worked with a range of organisations seeking to track and counter the behavior of extremists online. As part of this work, Ali created the J-Trends Tracker: The cloud-based system that provides insight into the spread of extremist digital content.
During his career Ali has worked across governmental and commercial sectors an adviser, strategist, and author on methods of achieving influence. Across a diverse range of disciplines including Strategic Communication, Counter Terrorism and Child Protection, Ali’s work with big data has enabled organizations to identify or build networks of influence.
Ali previously directed Mappa Mundi Consulting and the cultural relations think-tank, Counterpoint. He worked as Associate Director of Digital Media Research at Intermedia, where he continues to be an associate, and has been a lecturer in International Relations at Exeter University. Ali received his Ph.D. at the University of Birmingham in 2006.
Mapping the Great Beyond; Identifying Meaningful Networks in Public Diplomacy. CPD Perspectives, Paper 2. April, 2010.
- Eye of the Swarm: The Rise of ISIS and the Media Mujahedeen | CPD Blog | Jul 8, 2014
- Diplomats—Get Into Data | CPD Blog | Jul 18, 2013
- Smarter networks and collaborative approaches underpin the response to 21st century challenges | CPD Blog | Jul 20, 2012
- Mapping the Playbook: To facilitate a more collaborative public diplomacy | CPD Blog | Jan 13, 2011
- Entering the Network Phase in Public Diplomacy | CPD Blog | Mar 26, 2010
- The Iranian Election: Following A Conversation | CPD Blog | Oct 5, 2009
- The Spectrum of Spectrums: A Review of the International Relations Positioning Spectrum | CPD Blog | Sep 26, 2008