Global Development & Public Diplomacy
In this week's PD News roundup, headlines explored the role of global development and aid in public diplomacy. Dubai Cares announced the allocation of funding for youth affected by crises in Lebanon, Niger and Sierra Leone, while NGOs organized a conference in Washington, DC to discuss ways to rebuild health systems in countries struck by Ebola. Other new stories looked at a new U.S. initiative to enhance educational opportunities for Palestinians, the State Department's ongoing programs to address global food insecurity, and the United Nations' message to eradicate poverty by 2030.
- Dubai Cares commits AED 73 million to education in emergencies - Relief Web
- U.S. announces new educational initiatives to benefit Palestinians - WAFA
- For us, every day is World Food Day - DipNote
- Eradication 'all forms' of poverty means ending humiliation and exclusion people living in poverty face - UN News Centre
- Conference to rebuild health systems in countries devastated by Ebola held in Washington - Front Page Africa
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Feed My Starving Children | CC by 2.0