2018 CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy
CPD is offering our annual training program for the world's public diplomats from July 8–July 20, 2018 at the University of Southern California.
2018 marks the Summer Institute's 13th year of providing public diplomacy training. A core curriculum that covers listening, advocacy and nation branding is enhanced by special courses on creativity and leadership, digital and immersive storytelling, creating visual content, and real-time analytics.
Our signature training program is taught by some of the world’s most distinguished public diplomacy experts from around the world. Participants will develop a robust set of skills to address various forms of data to create measurable public diplomacy campaigns.
The two-week program for 2018 will highlight the fast-changing diplomacy landscape while providing a wide range of hands-on skills and analytical capabilities essential for high-impact public diplomacy practice.
This year's CPD Summer Institute curriculum includes:
- Foundational knowledge and practice of public diplomacy;
- Impact of the policy/public opinion/media nexus of public diplomacy strategies and implementations;
- Data-driven public diplomacy campaigns and evaluation;
- Digital and immersive storytelling for multi-stakeholder collaboration and network-building; and
- Evaluating impact of public diplomacy at the local level.
For more information on the Summer Institute, please click here.
To find out more about previous Summer Institute faculty, you can read their bios here.