We are pleased to announce the 2023 CPD Summer Institute. Now, in its 17th year, CPD Summer Institute offers an opportune time and place to reflect and build public diplomacy toolkits, while drawing on current scholarship, communications tools and network-building opportunities designed to improve every aspect of PD strategy and implementation.
From July 10–21, 2023 we host participants on the USC campus. The classes take place Monday through Friday each week from 9:00am–5:00pm.
As a long-recognized leader in professional training and education for public diplomacy, CPD brings an evidence-based, solution-driven and timely curriculum to those seeking to stay ahead of the curve with impact.
KEY BENEFITS & THE CPD ADVANTAGE
- Learn and design strategies based on data, analysis and case studies;
- Explore the latest research and cutting-edge communication tools to address real-time public diplomacy challenges;
- Develop and refine skills in a group of peers through working on real-time projects and exchanging experiences and best practices;
- Access personalized consulting sessions with program faculty, in which participants will work one-on-one with faculty to identify opportunities for enhanced public diplomacy impact;
- Be part of an international peer network of over 1,500 training alumni to build relationships for insights and feedback; and
- Immediately apply lessons learned from our time-tested professional education within your post or organization.
ABOUT CPD PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
WHO SHOULD APPLY
CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy is geared toward mid-career professionals posted in ministries including foreign affairs; defense and homeland security; trade and economics agencies; non-governmental organizations; international organizations; communication consultancies; and private-sector companies.
In addition to innovative instruction, the program provides a setting for mid-career professionals to exercise their evaluation and decision-making skills in a group of their peers and to contribute their own ideas and perspectives while building their professional networks.
Applications for the 2023 class open on March 16, 2023.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA AND PROCESS
Applications are reviewed to ensure the cohort is similarly situated and experienced. All of CPD’s trainings are based on a rolling, space-available basis, and we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Applicants are notified of admission after the review process. Next steps for participation are outlined in acceptance letters. Participants must coordinate payment within their organizations, and payment must be made in full prior to the start of the program. CPD is unable to offer refunds less than 15 days prior to the start of the sessions.
- Single participant (tuition only): $7,250
- Multiple participant (tuition only, 3+ from same organization): $6,500
- Non-Refundable Deposit (applied to tuition): $500 USD
ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
CPD’s Assistant Director for Operations and Programming, Renee Almassizadeh, is available to you at any stage of the admissions process. Contact Renee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER CPD TRAINING
You may also be interested in these related training programs that may be offered in person or virtually, but shorter in duration. Find out more about the CPD Mini-Courses.
To read more about the CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy and find out where some of our alumni are today, click here.
View our brochure for the Summer Institute now (PDF)
See what past participants have said about attending the CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy (Video)