We were pleased to launch the 2021 CPD Summer Institute which took place entirely online for two weeks; July 6-9, and July 12-15, 2021 (7:00am-10:30am Pacific; Time Zone Converter). Public diplomacy practitioners and scholars participated in online modules, hands on learning, and collaborative strategy towards a robust and impactful public diplomacy practice.
Leveraging expert faculty and leading scholars, we re-designed our flagship training program with the strength of live online modules, self-paced work, discussion groups, and virtual networking for your public diplomacy practice. The Summer Institute, and all of CPD's professional educational programs, allow for practitioners and scholars alike to develop a robust toolkit for audience analysis as the basis for public diplomacy engagement, understanding data and analytics, and exploring next-generation content creation strategies and tactics for greater impact.
KEY BENEFITS & THE CPD AVANTAGE
- Learn and design strategies based on data, analysis, and case studies;
- Explore the latest research and cutting-edge communication tools to address real-time public diplomacy challenges;
- Develop and refine skills in a group of peers through working on real-time projects and exchanging experiences and best practices;
- Personalized consulting sessions with program faculty will be offered. You can work one-on-one with faculty to identify opportunities for enhanced public diplomacy impact;
- Be part of an international peer network of over 1,500 training alumni to build relationships for insights and feedback;
- Our time-tested professional education will allow you to immediately apply the lessons within your post or organization.
ABOUT CPD PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
WHO SHOULD APPLY
The CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy is geared toward mid-career professionals posted in ministries, including foreign affairs, defense and homeland security; trade and economics agencies; non-governmental organizations; international organizations; communication consultancies; and private-sector companies.
In addition to innovative instruction, the program provides a setting for mid-career professionals to exercise their evaluation and decision-making skills in a group of their peers and to contribute their own ideas and perspectives while building their professional networks.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA AND PROCESS
Applications are reviewed to ensure the cohort is similarly situated and experienced. All CPD’s trainings are based on rolling, space-available basis and we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Applicants are notified of admission after the review process. Next steps for participation are outlined in acceptance letters. Participants will need to coordinate payment within their organizations and payment must be made in full prior to the start of the program. CPD is unable to offer refunds less than 15-days prior to the start of the sessions.
PROGRAM FEES (Summer 2021)
- Single participant (tuition only): $4,500
- Two or more from the same organization (tuition only): $3,750
- Non-Refundable Deposit (applied to tuition): $500
ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
CPD’s Assistant Director for Programming and Events, Stacy Ingber, is available to you at any stage of the admissions process. Contact Stacy at email@example.com.
OTHER CPD TRAINING
You may also be interested in these related training programs that are currently scheduled for virtual learning but shorter in duration. Find out more about the CPD Mini-Courses.
To read more about the CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy and find out where some of them are today. Click here.