Cultural Diplomacy of Visual and Performing Arts
Headlines in this week's PD News roundup explored cultural diplomacy in the form of visual and performing arts. A film festival in Tokyo is celebrating Indonesian culture, while Ballet Austin is bringing contemporary ballet dancing to China. Other headlines explored a modern Arab art show in Iran, a film festival in New Delhi featuring works from filmmakers in Brazil, China, India, Russia, and South Africa, and a Chinese performance in Australia, which includes classic Chinese music, acrobatics and magic.
- Ballet Austin embarks on a pioneering tour to China - Austin American-Statesman
- BRICS Film Festival: A new hope for BRICS nations - The Sentinel
- Chinese artists stage special performance in Australia - CCTV
- Indonesian films in special category at Tokyo Film Festival - Jakarta Globe
- Culture trumps politics with modern Arab art show in Iran - The Art Newspaper
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Pixabay