A Peek Inside CPD's Film Diplomacy Vault
Ahead of the 88th annual Academy Awards show this Sunday, CPD is opening our own film diplomacy vault for a look back at the role of Hollywood, film and filmmakers in shaping global public opinion. Here are some highlights, for your consideration:
Foreign audiences are more important than ever for Hollywood...so why are we still seeing all-white casts?
Oscar-nominated Winter on Fire is bringing international attention back to Ukraine.
The Martian as a PD tool for the United States.
An assessment from the world’s most prolific media hubs.
China's role as a producer and consumer of movies is not to be overlooked.
And a few more from the CPD Blog Archive:
- European Cinema as Cultural Diplomacy
- Culture Posts: Oscar Lessons in the Persuasive Power of Stories and Storytelling
- The Public Diplomacy Aspect of the Iranian Oscar Win
- Hollywood: Cultural Diplomacy at Its Loudest and Angriest
- Vlad the Producer: Putin Scorns Soft Power; Uses Russian Film Industry for Domestic Propaganda
- Entertainment, Politics & Cultural Diplomacy
- Hollywood’s Investment Bet on India Over China: Democracy Matters
Photo by Michael Barker Studio | CC BY-NC-ND 2.0