Public Diplomats Come Together
From diplomatic spouses to citizen ambassadors, headlines this week in PD News showcased the people behind public diplomacy. In the Central African Republic, Muslim and Christian journalists have co-created a radio station to reconcile the two communities following years of sectarian violence, while in China, Indian expats and diplomats have come together to form a cultural group to promote classical Indian music. Other headlines looked at soccer diplomacy, trade partnerships and gender equality.
- An Artist, an Athlete and a Diplomat Fight for Gender Equality—VOA News
- Diplomatic Spouses Rally to Help Migrant Children in South Tel Aviv—The Jerusalem Post
- Duke Women's Soccer Set for Week-Long Trip to Beijing As Part of Consultation on People-to-People Exchange—Duke Chronicle
- Group Promotes Intercultural Ties—The Korea Times
- Indians in China Form Body to Promote Classical Music—The Times of India
- Premier Promoting B.C. Tech in Japan—Kelowna Now
- This Radio Station Is Trying to Heal one of ohe Most War-Torn Parts of Africa—The World Post
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Stephane Venne | CC BY-NC-SA 2.0