Between leadership changes, amped-up efforts to fight disinformation, and a rebrand of the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBC) to the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM), 2018 has been an eventful year in U.S. public...KEEP READING
Reimagining U.S. Public Diplomacy
May 12, 2016
The U.S. Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy has released a new white paper re-imagining the U.S. State Department’s public diplomacy apparatus. The report makes five key recommendations to help keep U.S. public diplomacy relevant in the 21st century. These recommendations include:
- Create a Global Strategic Priorities Unit and emphasize need for regional planning
- Strengthen the PD administrative back office
- Coordinate PD financial resources with global, regional and bilateral strategies
- Consider embedding regional representatives from IIP and ECA inside the regional bureaus
- Create a task force to review PD services that can be co-located or consolidated
The full report is available here.
Photo by Eric Demarcq | CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.