CPD's First All-Virtual Summer Institute
Check off that bucket list item to attend CPD’s signature professional training from the comfort of your home or office. We are pleased to launch the 2021 CPD Summer Institute, which takes place entirely online over two weeks.
Leveraging expert faculty and leading scholars, we have redesigned our flagship training program with the strength of live online modules, self-paced work, discussion groups and virtual networking for your public diplomacy practice. It focuses on developing a robust toolkit for audience analysis as the basis for public diplomacy engagement, understanding data and analytics, and exploring next-generation content creation strategies and tactics for greater impact.
KEY BENEFITS & CPD AVANTAGE
- Learn and design strategies based on data, analysis and case studies;
- Explore the latest research and cutting-edge communication tools to address real-time public diplomacy challenges;
- Develop and refine skills in a group of peers through working on real-time projects and exchanging experiences and best practices;
- Personalized consulting sessions with program faculty will be offered. You can work one-on-one with faculty to identify opportunities for enhanced public diplomacy impact;
- Be part of an international peer network of over 1,500 training alumni to build relationships for insights and feedback;
- Our time-tested professional education will allow you to immediately apply the lessons within your post or organization.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA AND PROCESS
Applications are reviewed to ensure the cohort is similarly situated and experienced. All of CPD’s trainings are based on a rolling, space-available basis, and we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Applicants are notified of admission after the review process. Next steps for participation are outlined in acceptance letters. Participants will need to coordinate payment within their organizations, and payment must be made in full prior to the start of the program. CPD is unable to offer refunds less than 15 days prior to the start of sessions.
- Week 1: Tuesday through Friday, July 6-9, 2021 (7:00am-10:30am Pacific; Time Zone Converter)
- Week 2: Monday through Thursday, July 12-15, 2021 (7:00am-10:30am Pacific; Time Zone Converter)
- The Summer Institute runs for two weeks in total.
- Single-participant tuition: $4,500
- Two or more from the same organization tuition: $3,750
- Non-refundable deposit (applied to tuition): $500
- Non-refundable deposit: Due one week from date of acceptance.
- Final payment: Due 30 days from date of acceptance.
- Application period: May 5, 2021 to June 20, 2021.
ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
CPD’s Assistant Director for Programming and Events, Stacy Ingber, is available to you at any stage of the admissions process. Contact Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and the application form, click here.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.