CPD Mini-Courses in Public Diplomacy
For over 16 years, the USC Center on Public Diplomacy has been the go-to program for public diplomats and international communication professionals looking to sharpen their skillsets and analytical capabilities essential for success in today’s complex environment.
Our training utilizes the latest social science research and cutting-edge communication tools in real-time public diplomacy challenges. It provides a setting for practitioners to re-examine and refine their skills in a group of peers and to build an international network of colleagues. New mini-courses include the understanding and use of computational thinking in public diplomacy as well as an expanded version of Effective Public Diplomacy Strategy and Planning.
Our online workshops take a deep dive into some of the most critical issues in designing effective and sophisticated public diplomacy strategies. The intensive, fast-paced learning also allows for personalization, as participants bring real-time projects to exercise their skills and to problem-solve with faculty and peer participants.
Below is a sample of what it's like to learn and collaborate in real-time with our expert faculty, such as USC Annenberg Associate Professor of Professional Practice & CPD Faculty Fellow Amara Aguilar, who teaches "Multi-platform Content Strategy for Public Diplomacy."
Winter Workshop Dates
Each workshop takes place over two weeks, including live sessions of 8-10 online hours, group work between sessions, and self-directed learning as assigned. All scheduled meeting times will be Pacific.
- January 27, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- January 28, 5:00pm - 6:30pm
- February 1, 5:00pm - 7:30pm
- February 3, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- February 17, 7:00am - 9:00am
- February 19, 7:00am - 9:00am
- February 23, 7:00am - 9:30am
- February 25, 7:00am - 9:00am
- March 15, 7:00am - 9:00am
- March 16, 7:00am - 9:30am
- March 17, 7:00am - 9:30am
- March 18, 7:00am - 9:00am
- March 19, 7:00am - 9:00am
Tuition per Workshop
Multi-Platform Content Strategy for Public Diplomacy
- Single participant: $850 USD
- Multilple participant (3+ from same organization): $750 USD
Computational Thinking for Public Diplomacy
- Single participant: $900 USD
- Multilple participant (3+ from same organization): $800 USD
Effective Public Diplomacy Strategy and Planning
- Single participant: $980 USD
- Multilple participant (3+ from same organization): $850 USD
December 27, 2020 (Multi-Platform Content Strategy in Public Diplomacy)