Having moved to the U.S. from the West Bank, Suzie Afridi's cross-cultural experience offers her a unique perspective. She is a Palestinian-American making a name for herself in stand-up comedy, and she sees public speaking...KEEP READING
Women in Public Diplomacy
The role of women in public diplomacy is sometimes overlooked, but the work inspired and accomplished by women results in widespread impacts. Women were highlighted in the news this week, from the story of Cris Comerford, who came from the Philippines to the United States to become the White House Executive Chef, to the "first of their kind" canonization of Palestine nuns Marie-Alphonsine Danil Ghattas and Maryam Baouardy by Pope Francis.
- Confronting the Feminist Narrative Through Digital Diplomacy - Deutsche Welle
- White House Executive Chef on 'Culinary Diplomacy' and Learning to Cook in the Philippines - Asia Society
- ‘Social Peace Interests Investors: Role of Women, How Minorities are Treated’- The Financial ExpressGreat
- Women in Spotlight at Cannes Film Festival - BBC News
- Banning Gender-Based Violence in Nigeria - A Major Step Forward - Huffington Post
- Pope Francis Extends Agenda of Change to Vatican Diplomacy - Reuters
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.