Click Here for the Digital Map! After a six-month run, the 2015 World Expo in Milan closed on October 31. With the theme of “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life,” 145 countries showcased technological...KEEP READING
Soft Power Seduction Strategies
This week’s public diplomacy news headlines showcased the role of soft power in seducing global publics. In Israel, a new initiative by Likud, the country’s conservative party, is cultivating likeminded allies in Europe with an ideological tourism campaign; while in London, a soccer club is helping “young Muslims find their British identity in football.” Meanwhile, opera, “one of Italy’s key avenues of soft power,” has found a receptive audience in Hong Kong, and India is wooing friends and followers by “increasing its religious and cultural connectivity with the Buddhist world.”
- BBC Plans TV and Radio Services for Russia and North Korea- The Guardian
- ISIS Recruiters Foiled as Young Muslims Find Their British Identity in Football – The Guardian
- Italian Opera Provides a Perfect Stage to Showcase the Art of Soft Power – South China Morning Post
- Likud Aims to Build Ties with Conservative Parties Abroad The Jerusalem Post
- The Rising Importance of Soft Power in Forging World Solidarity – The Island
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily news and weekly digests.
Photo by Andreas Klodt | CC By-NC-SA 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.