Music is a powerful mechanism for self-expression, social activism and public diplomacy. Talented musicians around the world have produced and performed seminal works of art that have both facilitated cross-cultural...KEEP READING
Connecting Cultures through Public Diplomacy
From cultural centers to nation-branding events, stories about art, food and cultural exchanges featured prominently in this week's PD News roundup. France organized a global gastrodiplomacy campaign to showcase French food abroad, while Turkey announced plans to open 100 Yunus Emire Institutes—a Turkish culture and education organization—by the year 2023. Other headlines explored the cultural aspects of China’s “One Belt One Road” initiative, and the intersection of art, culture and climate change.
- 2020 Olympics to Showcase Japanese Innovation—The Worldfolio
- Confucius Institute Masterstroke of Soft Power — Lee Yew Meng—The Malay Mail
- Environmental Art Is on the Rise – with a Little Help from Leonardo DiCaprio—The Guardian
- Omar Souleyman, not a Debaser but an Arab Conduit to the West—The Economist
- One Belt, One Road, One Heritage: Cultural Diplomacy and the Silk Road—The Diplomat
- The French Do It Best—The Hindu
- Turkish Institute to Open 100 Offices Worldwide by 2023—Daily Sabah
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Tao Wu | CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.