CPD Faculty Fellow Nicholas J. Cull is Professor of Public Diplomacy at USC Annenberg where he directs the Master of Public Diplomacy (MPD) program. A 2015 study led by Emily Metzgar of Indiana University...KEEP READING
What's "In the Works" for Senem Cevik?
An Assistant Professor at Ankara University's Center for the Study and Research of Psychology, Dr. Senem Cevik is currently a visiting research scholar at The Olive Tree Initiative project at UC Irvine's Center on Conflict Resolution. She is an associate member of the International Dialogue Initiative (IDI), and an alumna of CPD's Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy (Class of 2013).
Dr. Cevik's research foci include Turkey's public diplomacy efforts, its role as a rising power, and its position as facilitator between its region and the United States. Additionally, her secondary focus is on humanitarian diplomacy and the role of faith-based Turkish NGOs in the country's foreign aid framework.
This spring, Cevik will be teaching the first course on public diplomacy at Ankara University's Faculty of Political Science, one of the oldest higher educational institutions in Turkey. In February, she will be presenting her work on humanitarian aid at the 2015 International Studies Association conference and she will also participate in the upcoming CPD symposium on PD & Development Communications where she will present her paper on faith-based foreign aid and humanitarian diplomacy conducted by Turkish NGOs.
Cevik's recent publications include:
- 'Turkish Soap Opera Diplomacy: A Western Projection by a Muslim Source', Exchange: Journal of Public Diplomacy, Fall 2014, Vol 5, pp. 77-102.
- 'Identity Differentiation: Communicating Turkey’s Nation Brand', Y. Aktay, A. Uysal, F. Bindiridi, B. Akgün (Eds.), in State, Justice and Youth. Ankara: SDE Publications, 2014.
- Turkey’s Humanitarianism: Crafting a Nation Brand, The Public Diplomat, December 2014.
- Turkey’s Armenian Initiative: Rhetoric or Confidence Building, CPD Blog, June 2014.
- The Rise of NGOs: Islamic Faith Diplomacy, CPD Blog, May 2014.
- Grassroots Diplomacy in the Turkish-Armenian context, The Diplomatic Observer, January 2015.
About this series:
"In the Works" is CPD's periodic roundup of news from the international PD scholarly community. If you've taken up a new academic position, published a new work or recently embarked on a research project on a public diplomacy topic, let us know! All updates can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to use "In the Works" in the subject heading.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.
People, Places, Power | Season 2, Episode 48: The Nation Brands Index 2022 and Russia's Fall from Grace