Editor's Note: Riordan's full piece on strategic digital and public diplomacy is available here. Much has been written recently about digital diplomacy. But little gets beyond the use of social media to sell messages on...KEEP READING
Connecting Communities through Digital Diplomacy
Headlines in this week's PD News roundup explored the power of digital and technological diplomacy for communities around the world. A class at Boston University developed an app to help refugees find aid services in their area, while a youth sports diplomacy event in Haiti will be live streamed to global audiences. Other headlines explored a new app for social dining, a grassroots social media initiative to assist refugees, and a new website in Serbia, launched by the Embassy of India, to promote India's brand.
- Refugees and tech: Scenes from a Greek tragedy - CNET
- Empower2Play uses live stream virtual reality to share its sports diplomacy event in Haiti - SportTechie
- Serbia promoting brand India - Bureaucracy Today
- Pardee class creates app to aid Syrian refugees - BU Today
- VizEat, a startup that lets you dine in local's own home, gobbles up 3.8M funding - TechCrunch
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Nicola | CC BY 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.