Connecting through Culture
In this week’s PD news roundup, we explore the convening powers of cultural diplomacy. The Philippine Consulate General in Toronto treated Canadians to the taste and flavors of Filipino cuisine in an effort to expand bilateral trade in agriculture, food and beverages; while in the UK, the British Council launched a new exchange program with the University of Kerala in India to “highlight the cultural history of the two countries and celebrate, reconnect and aspire the relationship.” Other headlines looked at theater, art and diaspora programs in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
- Arts and Cultural Exchange between Asia, Europe—The Korea Herald
- India, Kenya Affirm Commitment to Renew Cultural Exchange Programme—The Indian Express
- Philippine Culinary Diplomacy at its Best—PIA
- Theater Seoul to Bring ‘Korean Romeo and Juliet’ to Fresno—Fresno Bee
- UK Students to Learn Indian Culture—Times of India
- When Art Bridged the Barrier of Language—The Hindu
- Young and Undocumented Mexicans Travel to Mexico City to Reconnect with their Motherland—Fusion
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Trey Ratcliff | CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.