As Confucius said in around 500 BC, "When it is obvious that the goal cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." This is just what China began to do a decade ago, in embracing the concept of soft...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: May 5 - 11
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday.
- Using Fashion, Shaan-e-Pakistan Bridges Borders Between Pakistan and India - Dunya News
- Museums Should Be Avenues for Information Exchange—Möschel, Goethe-Institut - Daily Trust
- Positive Picture: Romanian Art Scene Grows, But Keeps Emerging Status - Business Review
- How Bollywood Is Giving Hollywood a Run for Its Money in China - South China Morning Post
- Use Culture To Strengthen Mercosur Ties - Policy Options Politques
- 'Museums Should Be Kept Out of Government Interference' British Museum's JD Hill says on Tracing Cultures Across Borders - CNN News18
- Japan's Soft Power: View From Russia - Modern Diplomacy
- Engaging Pyongyang With Soft Power - Modern Diplomacy
- How Vladimir Putin Became the World’s Favorite Dictator - The Washington Post
- The Popular TV Shows Taking Chinese Soft Power Abroad - Sixth Tone
- Five Ways To Sharpen the Effectiveness of Canada's Diplomatic Corps - CPD Blog
- Corker To Receive Inaugural Award for Public Diplomacy - Citizen Tribune
- VUFO (Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations) Honors Outgoing Polish Ambassador - Nhân Dân
- Israel Turns Directly To Iraqi Citizens - Arutz Sheva
- Why More Australian Winemakers Are Using Virtual Reality To Attract International Tourists - Australia Broadcasting Company
- Saudi Moroccan Soccer Spat Symbolizes the Arab World's New Politics - Eurasia Review
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Business Dubai (Cultural Diplomacy), Freepik (Soft Power, Citizen Diplomacy, Science Diplomacy, Sports Diplomacy, Foreign Aid) and Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.