From February 4-7, CPD traveled to Brussels, Belgium to host, in partnership with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a CPD Mini-Course and a Digital Diplomacy Camp exploring the fundamental impact of digital technology...KEEP READING
13 Years of Training Public Diplomats at CPD Summer Institute
Bridging the public diplomacy theory-practice gap is demanding, engaging and more essential than ever. This summer, 28 global practitioners will join the nearly 300 alumni of the CPD Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy by participating in a two-week, cutting-edge professional education program that integrates academic scholarship and real-world problem-solving.
CPD is pleased to welcome from July 8 to July 20, the Class of 2018, representing 9 countries and the following 19 organizations:
- Council of American Ambassadors
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia
- Indian Council of Cultural Relations, Ministry of External Affairs, India
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Denmark
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Israel
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norway
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Qatar
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ukraine
- Government Communications Office, Qatar
- Qatar Media Corporation
- Sout Al Khaleej Radio, Qatar
- Qatar TV
- University of Lund, Sweden
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Navy
- USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- USC Sol Price School of Public Policy
- World Affairs Council – Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky
Established in 2006, the program provides an opportunity for practitioners to spend time engaging with peers and professors in a setting that presents a forward-looking public diplomacy curriculum that is both solution-driven and measurable. In addition, the program provides hands-on learning with the latest tools, technologies and platforms for immersive storytelling.
Read more about our Summer Institute alumni here.
For more information on the Summer Institute, please click here.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.
People, Places, Power | Season 2, Episode 48: The Nation Brands Index 2022 and Russia's Fall from Grace