The United States, which introduced the concept of soft power to the world and increased the positive awareness of its country in the world through this concept, is one of the countries that uses cinema diplomacy most...KEEP READING
Cultural Diplomacy of Visual and Performing Arts
Headlines in this week's PD News roundup explored cultural diplomacy in the form of visual and performing arts. A film festival in Tokyo is celebrating Indonesian culture, while Ballet Austin is bringing contemporary ballet dancing to China. Other headlines explored a modern Arab art show in Iran, a film festival in New Delhi featuring works from filmmakers in Brazil, China, India, Russia, and South Africa, and a Chinese performance in Australia, which includes classic Chinese music, acrobatics and magic.
- Ballet Austin embarks on a pioneering tour to China - Austin American-Statesman
- BRICS Film Festival: A new hope for BRICS nations - The Sentinel
- Chinese artists stage special performance in Australia - CCTV
- Indonesian films in special category at Tokyo Film Festival - Jakarta Globe
- Culture trumps politics with modern Arab art show in Iran - The Art Newspaper
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Pixabay
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.