We must end the obsession with creating new “types” of diplomacy. It was probably a mistake “inventing” public diplomacy and digital diplomacy. It undoubtedly led both scholars and practitioners into unhelpful, and...KEEP READING
Education Exchanges and Aid Programs Shift Gears
Cross-cultural educational exchanges and foreign aid programs took center stage in news headlines around the world this week. From the closure of one of China’s Confucius Institutes and suspension of the U.S.-Russia program FLEX, to the future of USAID in South America, these soft power programs are playing a game of musical chairs that mirrors hard power strategies.
- China soft power set back as US universities shut second Confucius Institute in a week – The Telegraph
- USAID is leaving Ecuador – Global Post
- Russia Pulls Out of US Funded Student Exchange Program – ABC News
- ‘4,000 Nigerians benefit from US exchange programmes’ – Nigerian Tribune
- AFRICOM supports Operation United Assistance – Africom
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.