Cold War tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union shaped the historical reality of the modern world. Given the current tensions between the United States and Russia, it is worth keeping in mind the past...KEEP READING
Fighting the Propaganda of Extremists
This week in PD, the world witnessed the propaganda of violent extremist groups, including the Islamic State. Can the rest of the world successfully combat the high-quality videos, magazines, and social media presence coming from these groups? Can public diplomacy play a role in turning the tide against ISIS?
- Islamic State Magazines: Violent Extremism in Glossy Form - Wall Street Journal
- ISIS Message to America: 'We Will Drown All of You in Blood' - Al Arabiya
- Welcome to Extremistan - Foreign Policy
- Can Hip-Hop Stop the Jihadis? - Yemen Times
- The ISIS Propaganda Machine is Horrifying and Effective. How Does It Work? - Council on Foreign Relations
- Journalists' Unions Condemn Beheading of US Journalist by IS - Today's Zaman
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.
The Reputational Reckoning for 2020: Part Two, Worrying News for the USA and Good News for New Zealand