China, the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, and Russia are now known globally for their economic strength. But what about their cultures? These states are much more than just their GDPs, and increasingly, they are attempting...KEEP READING
India's Growing Public Diplomacy
Headlines in this week's PD News roundup explored India's use of public diplomacy around the world. A sitar soloist is teaching classical Indian music to Aboriginals in Australia as part of a festival showcasing Indian culture, while an exchange program between India and Russia is offering Indian entrepreneurs insight on Russia's business market. Other headlines include an arts initiative between Zimbabwe and India, a school radio program giving a voice to Indian students, and a Pew survey indicating that India's foreign policy has improved its global image.
- How Indians see their place in the world? Rising power, two-thirds in Pew survey say - OneIndia
- Chipawo exports its cultural ambassadors - NewsDay
- 'Nothing unites better than music': Ancient cultures collide on Australian stages - SBS
- India and Russia launch exchange program for entrepreneurs - The Better India
- School radio to promote voice of youth - The Hindu Times
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Arian Zwegers | CC by 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.