What can diplomacy do to counter cyberattacks, misinformation, data theft and other societal ailments of the digital age? Cyberdiplomacy, Managing Security and Governance Online, a new book by British Senior Visiting...KEEP READING
Call for Submissions for PD Magazine on Cyberdiplomacy Issue
Public Diplomacy Magazine is accepting submissions for its Fall/Winter 2019 issue on cyberdiplomacy.
The USC student-run publication's upcoming issue focuses on cybersecurity issues, both domestic and international. Public diplomacy scholars, practitioners and enthusiasts are encouraged to submit case studies, working papers, interviews, book reviews, comparative studies, policy analyses and histories of public diplomacy as practiced internationally that are relevant to the theme of cyberdiplomacy.
To be featured, you must submit a manuscript via the online form found on the PD Magazine's website by the deadline: Thursday, October 17. The issue will be released December 2019.
- 500–2,000 words
- 12 pt. Times New Roman
- Double spaced
- Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx)
- MLA Style
More submission guidelines provided by PD Magazine:
Articles in the Cyberdiplomacy PD Mag should highlight the:
- and Creative Solutions that have arisen to protect the cybersphere from the anti-democratizing effects of bad cyber policies.
Questions that articles should seek to answer are:
- Which states are rising 'stars' of cyberdiplomacy in the international arena?
- How can lessons from the past inform the way that diplomats act in this digital age?
- What characteristics of states' cyber-policies make them more attractive to foreign publics?
- How has artificial intelligence (AI) been utilized to fight disinformation in foreign publics?
- How are individuals / NGOs acting as "ambassadors of digital diplomacy" in order to promote digital health and the design, development, and delivery of ethical cyber-products? How is their work impacting foreign publics?
Find further information on submissions to Public Diplomacy Magazine here.
Please direct any questions to Jasmine Kolano, PD Magazine Editor-in-Cheif: email@example.com.
About Public Diplomacy Magazine
Public Diplomacy Magazine is the first publication of its kind devoted entirely to the field of public diplomacy, published biannually by the Society of Public Diplomats at the University of Southern California since 2009 with support from the USC Center on Public Diplomacy, Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, and the School of International Relations within the USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.
Performance of Congress-Financed Alhurra TV: Do Viewership Numbers and American Taxpayer Money Spent Add Up?