The "Bridges" exchange program from the King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture seeks to create links between Saudi Arabia and the United States. According to WNYC's The Takeaway host Todd Zwillich,...KEEP READING
Cuba: Where Traditional and Innovative Diplomacy Meet
As state actors improve and revise ineffective foreign policies towards Cuba they develop cultural diplomacy, international exchange, and even fashion diplomacy alternatives emerge. Headlines collected in This Week in PD examine how both traditional diplomacy tools and creative public diplomacy approaches are successfully beginning to restore the international community's relations with Cuba.
- As Cuba, U.S. Ties Improve, Seoul Opens Up to Havana - Korea JoongAng Daily
- Cuba Has Shown Us That Sanctions Don’t Work – So Why Keep Using Them? - The Guardian
- As Cuba Opens Up, Fashion Reacts - The New York Times
- Talks With Cuba Earn U.S. Raves in Latin America - The New York Times
- Call it ‘Jazz Diplomacy’: Cuba, US Rift Can Be Fixed With A Riff - Fox News
- First Iran, Now Cuba: Breakthroughs and Hard Sells for Obama - San Francisco Chronicle
- America: Strong Enough to Engage - CDN
- Barack Obama and Raul Castro Historic Handshake - The Independent
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.