In a recent interview published by India’s public service broadcaster DD News, Sanskrit scholar Professor Chirapat Prapandvidya, from Thailand, exclaimed, “Thailand is the most crucial place for study of Sanskrit. We started...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: July 21 - 27
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- Aurora's Puerto Rican Heritage Festival Will Return After Absence Last Year - Chicago Tribune
- UK Envoy's Food Diplomacy - New Straits Times
- International Musicians Create Harmony Through Music Program - Voice of America
- Turkey’s Diplomacy Attracts With Enchanting Culture - The Korea Herald
- Young U.S. Musicians Give Flash Mob Performances in Taiwan - Focus Taiwan
- Chicago Cultural Center Hosts Evening of Egyptian Dance, Music - Chicago Tribune
- Tiepolo, Canaletto Star in Moscow - ANSA
- Tunisian Producers See Promise in Olive Oil Tourism - Olive Oil Times
- Chinese Students Speak of Positive Experience in the UAE - Gulf News
- Public Diplomacy Strategies for South Korea's New Southern Policy - CPD Blog
- Sister-City Teachers Become Playrights With FST Write-A-Play Training - Herald Tribune
- Russia's Victory Day as a Vehicle for Disinformation - CPD Blog
- Friendship Force County Durham Welcomes American Guests - The Northern Echo
- World's First Disability Summit Launched - The National
- Help Is on the Way, at Last, for Religious Minorities in Iraq - The Washington Post
- We Need More Citizen-to-Citizen Diplomacy With Russia - The Hill
- What Makes the Holy See’s Diplomacy Unique, According to Vatican’s Foreign Minister - Crux
- China's 'Soft Power' in Senegal - Al Jazeera
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Twitter (Cultural Diplomacy), Smartline (Exchange Diplomacy), Freepik (Soft Power, Citizen Diplomacy, Global Dev, Humanitarian Aid) and Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.