From scapegoating and vitriolic anti-immigrant rhetoric to loss of confidence in long-standing international institutions such as NATO, the United Nations and even the European Union, it seems that there is disturbing...KEEP READING
The People-To-People Touch
This week in PD News, we saw the role that private citizens can play in public diplomacy featured prominently in the news. Mexican-American actress America Ferrera fired off a tongue-in-cheek message to Donald Trump amid his anti-immigration comments; a home-cook in Poland dished out traditional Tatar cuisine and culture to hungry visitors; and the EU and China celebrated 40 years of diplomatic relations with a series of initiatives that seek to build on the nations’ people-to-people exchange programs.
- America Ferrera Pens Open Letter Thanking Trump for ‘Straight Talk’ - MSNBC
- Food Diplomacy the Tatar Way - Jakarta Post
- Illinois Exchange Students Head Home - CBS Chicago
- Personal Contacts Central to EU-China Relations - The Parliament Magazine
- Program Creates Citizen Diplomacy - Mohave Daily
- Romanian Students Impress Oslo with Their Advocacy Work - The Nordic Page
- To Counter Violent Extremism, Focus on the Young - The Hill
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.