The December inauguration of Andrés Manuel López Obrado (AMLO) as Mexico’s 58th president creates a tremendous opportunity in U.S.-Mexico relations. AMLO and President Trump have established a surprisingly cordial...KEEP READING
Headlines in this week's PD News roundup looked at the strategic possibilities of trade in diplomacy. Germany and Africa launched a joint initiative to increase trade and boost the economies of both regions, while Vietnam's National Assembly Chairwoman met with ambassadors from Korea and Iran to discuss trade agreements and cooperative partnerships. Other headlines explored China's modern Silk Road initiative, China's successful business investments in Poland, Afghanistan's trade potential, and China's recent policy paper outlining a comprehensive trade and investment partnership plan with Latin America.
- Promoting investments in Africa - D+C
- Saving private enterprise in Afghanistan - The New York Times
- Trade promotes Chinese soft power and culture in Poland - Ecns.cn
- China's LatAm policy paper key to developing ties - Global Times
- NA chairwoman receives RoK and Iran ambassadors - Vietnam News
- Modern Silk Road in the making- Ecns.cn
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.