A recent book from Martha Bayles, a lecturer in humanities at Boston College, tackles the question of how American entertainment industry products confound official U.S. government efforts to represent the nation to...KEEP READING
Brazil's World Cup Hits Fever Pitch
With the group stage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup complete, we became enthralled with the sporting journey of pariah state Iran, reevaluated American public diplomacy in Brazil, and looked for new opportunities for cross-cultural relations (especially with the UK royal family).
- Soccer Diplomacy at the FIFA World Cup: Cross-Cultural Relations Redefined on the Pitch - CPD Blog
- Is the U.S. Missing a Free Kick at the World Cup? - Americas Quarterly
- World Cup Allows a Brief Love Affair With a Pariah State - The Globe and Mail
- Deep in the Amazon, an Isolated Village Tunes In to the World Cup - New York Times
- Prince Harry Thanks Brazilians In First Ever Royal Video Message - The Telegraph (UK)
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.