The closing ceremony of the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics showcased a vast collection of Japanese soft power assets in a segment called “The Tokyo Show.” This started with an opening message of “Thank you,” performed by young...KEEP READING
Britain's Charm Offensive
This week's PD News headlines focused on British public diplomacy and diplomatic relations. With Brexit underway, the UK is rejuvenating its diplomatic and trade ties in the world, while the Qatar and UK business forum will be held in London to promote bilateral relations between the two countries. Other stories analyzed the challenges for Britain's global image following Brexit, as well as the UK's cultural influence through the British Empire's legacy in Singapore.
- Britain Must Renew Diplomatic Ties Around the World - The Times
- Artist and Empire: British Legacy in Singapore - Modern Diplomacy
- Cambridge Acknowledges New CSR Model - Ghana Web
- Saving Cool Britannia Image from Brexit Bruise - 7 News
- Qatar-UK Business Forum to Promote Bilateral Ties - Gulf Times
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.