Since China became openly engaged in projecting soft power, its endeavors have constantly faced challenges. When China’s investment in soft power exceeds the combined government spending of the U.S., UK, France, Germany...KEEP READING
Chinese Soft Power: Beyond the Great Wall
This week's PD News headlines focused on China's public diplomacy initiatives, ranging from cultural exchanges to film and international advocacy. Chinese filmmakers participate in a joint film project with the other BRICS countries, while cultural exchanges between the Republic of China and Hong Kong promote meaningful relationships. Other headlines examined the role of China in promoting human rights worldwide, the hosting of the World Economic Forum in the Chinese city of Dalian, and the newly erected China Policy Center at the University of Texas, advancing U.S.-China and Texas-China relations.
- UT Austin Launches China Policy Center - UT News
- China on Charm Offensive at World Economic Forum - Mail & Guardian
- Haughty Stance Won't Solve Rights Problems - China Daily
- Cultural Exchanges Between Mainland, Hong Kong Maintain Sound Development - Xinhua
- China's 'Dangal' Mega-Success Echoes at Second BRICS Film Festival - The Hindu
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.